Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Got Perks?


"Instant Getification"



So it seems. Ask.com has implemented their new at your fingertips style search that has been long awaited. When I saw the commercial the other day I figured I should take a swing at it. And to my surprise it wasn't that bad. I searched Dave Matthews Band and up popped images, video and a brief bio of the group under the encyclopedia section. Those three sectioned off to the right. Center of course contained the search results with my favorite balloon preview of the website, not available on all though. Also an instant bookmark button next to the site link. On the right is a section for search narrowing options and even related links, in this case other groups including Coldplay. And not to be forgotten the skin option on the main page allowing you to select a background image.



Now I don't think that I've ever used ask.com, Google is pretty much the norm. It's reliable and the first thing to come from my fingertips when its time to search. But this is a step in the right direction.

No comments: